*THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED*
Location: Lisbon, London or Remote
Start date: Immediately
How&How are looking for a keen, multi-talented, brand-focused Senior Designer to join our team. You will have raw talent, curiosity and a strong creative instinct — and help us deliver work for our clients which is bold, conceptual and different. You will be a team player who will be generous with ideas, and have strong beliefs — loosely held.
Designers at How&How will have the opportunity to learn and thrive within our growing team, and work from a location of their choice — be this Lisbon (where are core team are based), London or remotely anywhere they want in the world.
A Senior Designer at How&How is the driving force behind creative output. The majority of the creative heavy lifting takes place by the head and hands of this person, and it's essential they're not afraid to get stuck in on all levels of work. Egos get left at the door.
A Senior Designer is primarily responsible for the visual thrust behind any ideas being expressed, but should also contribute as much to the strategic thinking and conceptual rationale behind those ideas. As we're a small team, a Senior Designer will be the lead creative (most senior designer) on a particular project. This requires they have the basic skills necessary to manage both themselves and their projects — leading and inspiring others, and delivering compelling work from beginning to end throughout the process.
A Senior Designer's primary job at How&How is to push our design forwards with brilliant creative ideas, amazing design skills, a fastidious attention to detail and smart strategic thinking.
The Senior Designer is reporting to the creative lead on a project base, usually our Creative Director. They will also help manage the creative output of the in-house motion and graphic designers at How&How. They will work alongside our two Project Managers and occasionally the Strategy Director as well as any other design freelancers we have working on jobs at the time.
1. You bring brand strategy to life as brand expression and help create brand identities and assets for our clients under the leadership of the creative director
2. Brainstorm initial ideas and carry them through to concept development and visualisations — ultimately taking the expression through to a system based on strategy, principles and final implementation
3. Assist with pitches, from designing the creative route to auditing a competitive landscape
4. Create and maintain internal assets for the company and company portfolio website
5. Have your finger on the pulse of current trends in the world of design / art / fashion / creativity / culture and bring that information and enthusiasm for popular culture into the design studio everyday
6. Know when to follow design rules, and when to break them
1. At least 6 years hands-on experience in the industry
2. Bachelors degree in design
3. 100% credible in our core discipline of graphic design. Knowledge of motion graphics very welcome
4. Deep skills in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects (Dimension and Figma a bonus)
5. Must be extremely comfortable designing and building decks in Google Slides.
— Additional tools are a big plus: motion, code, illustration, etc.
— Curious about brands and the positive impact they can have on the world
— Interested in more than just design
— Must be able to build personal relationships and trust with clients
— Ambitious self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity
— Comfortable engaging with the strategic dimension of our work
— Able to get under the skin of clients issues, strong on content as well as visuals
— Articulate, confident and assertive in presenting work
— Strong creative instincts and willingness to push further through experimentation
1. Salary of €55,000 (remote or Lisbon), or £55,000 (London weighting)
2. Working for an agile English-speaking company, part of a dynamic team of international professionals based in Lisbon and London
3. If Lisbon — based in beautiful Second Home Lisboa above the Time Out Market. Working among 1,000 plants. Resident membership with all the perks
4. If London — based in Second Home, Spitalfields. Resident membership with all the perks
5. Second Home Member access to the cultural programme of talks and social events. Member access to all Second Home workspaces in both London / Lisbon and Hollywood
6. Huge potential to grow, we are a fast-growing team, with big ambitions for ourselves
7. Agency Growth Plan with the option to explore elements of your practice on "play" days and studio projects
8. 22 Days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
One of the core principles of “leftright” thinking at How&How is equality. This applies to equality in our workforce too. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Our mission is to grow our team with the best thinkers, most talented creatives and most curious minds — no matter their background or discipline. This role may be for a designer — but we are always looking for the person, not the job description. If you feel you’d like to join our team, we’d love to hear from you. You may be exactly what we are looking for... we just don’t know it yet.