*THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED*
How & How are looking for a Design Director to organise, inspire and lead our growing team of graphic, motion and digital designers. On projects and accounts you’ll work closely with the Strategy Director and the Creative Director to lead the design of brands, user interfaces and campaigns. You’ll be at home creating immaculate presentations which tell inspiring stories, and bring clients along with the Studio’s collective ideas and visions.
As well as being the most senior designer in the organisation, the Design Director will be the site lead for our nascent London office. As our first full-time role in the city, the Design Director will lead the UK growth of the company, and establish a permanent design team at Second Home, Spitalfields in the coming months. You will nurture, challenge and get the most out of your design team and be a source of knowledge and inspiration to them too.
1. Currently a Design Director or an experienced Senior Designer looking take things up a gear
2. 7+ years industry experience
3. A talent spotter with strong relationships with other freelance designers and contributors
4. A self-driven leader with a curious mind and zero ego
5. A font of technical design knowledge with a keen eye for detail and a drive for creative perfection in yourself and others
6. Relish diving into any stage of the creative process to assist, encourage or recover the work of others
7. Ultra confident in creating & delivering Slides presentations of your team’s work to clients
8. At ease with the buck stopping with you
9. Have your finger on the pulse of current trends in the world of design / art / fashion / creativity / culture and bring that information and enthusiasm for popular culture into the design studio everyday
10. Know when to stand up for your creative vision and when to support the opinions of your peers or clients
1. Working a as core member of a fast-growing new studio with big ambitions
2. The option of a four day working week
3. Frequent work trips to Lisbon
4. Based in beautiful Second Home Spitalfields in East London. Working among 1,000 plants. Resident membership with all the perks
5. Second Home Member access to the cultural programme of talks and social events. Member access to all Second Home workspaces in both Lisbon and Hollywood.
6. Personal iMac
7. Free drinks every Friday at the Second Home members bar
8. Agency Growth Plan with the option to explore elements of your practice on "play" days
9. 28 Days paid holiday
One of the core principles of “leftright” thinking at How & How is equality. This applies to equality in our workforce too. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Our mission is to grow our team with the best thinkers, most talented creatives and most curious minds — no matter their background or discipline. This role may be for a designer—but we are always looking for the person, not the job description. If you feel you’d like to join our team, we’d love to hear from you. You may be exactly what we are looking for... we just don’t know it yet.